The courses of QBAI® are structured in a prerequisite order that enables to always ensure adequate preparation at the three different levels of certification of Business Analyst. QBAI® Fundamental certification course (level I) gives to neo-professionals and / or professionals already expert in different sectors but interested in the world of Business Analysis, the opportunity to acquire the basic knowledge necessary to access the labour market from the Information Technologies’ side. QBAI® Advanced & Master courses (respectively, certification levels II and III) provide an in-depth knowledge of the subject declined on several specific areas of interest and also the notions that are necessary for the professionals who want work as Business Analysts, in a role of coordination and management of teams in charge of developing the functional documentation necessary for the realization of any type of project.
These courses provide a comprehensive B.A. specialization offering the opportunity to use QBAI®’s know-how within one’s own work experience, or alternatively, within a new work experience in the field of Business Analysis.
The courses are organized through teaching sessions held by a QBAI® accredited professional Training Provider.
The accredited Trainers who teach QBAI® certification courses are always different and separated from the test providers. QBAI® always remains independent in organizing its tests, regardless of how the courses get taught by the Trainers. This model ensures the reliability of the certifications issued by QBAI®.
The tests can also be prepared autonomously. In fact, courses are not mandatory in order to be admitted to the certification tests, nor affect the likelihood to pass the tests.
For the preparation to the tests, an in-depth study of the topics described on QBAI® Handbook is recommended. Also, QBAI® Reference Glossary is a tool whose study is useful for passing the test for any level of QBAI®’s certifications, as it provides the theoretical definitions, the concepts, and information on the documents that are part of the Business Analysis world.
QBAI®’s courses and tests can take place either on-site or online (based on the sessions published on the Calendar, which is available on the official website www.qbai.org).
For the Onsite mode:
- The test normally takes place at the end of the course session (with optional participation). The location of the test can be at QBAI®’s offices (located in Piazzale Rodolfo Morandi 2, 20121 Milan – ITALY) or at the offices of the selected QBAI® Training Provider accredited for the course. In this latter case, at the end of the course QBAI® provides to the Trainer its own Test Providers for the test session. The addresses will be available on the calendar published on QBAI®’s website.
- The on-site courses last 20 hours and are delivered over 2.5 days. They are aimed at providing the necessary knowledge for passing QBAI®’s certification tests: during the courses some questions related to the certification tests are shown and discussed. Also, a simulation of the test is proposed on the morning of the third day of the course.
For the Online mode:
- The test is organized on a specific session shown on the calendar and with the use of a dedicated online platform (Work in progress).
- The online courses last 20 hours and are delivered over 2.5 days. They are aimed at providing the necessary knowledge for passing QBAI®’s certification tests.
- Through the online platform it is possible to take the tests in complete safety and with absolute professionalism (see next point) and to attend all didactic sessions by video conference. On the online platform an agenda of the topics taught during the sessions is also available.
During the online test session, an accredited QBAI® Test Provider is connected remotely. This method ensures the reliability of the test process. Using a specific subdomain, through a learning management system (LMS) with SCORM certificate (which guarantees the protection of the processed personal data), QBAI® is able to guarantee a dedicated band for the test and to record the test session. If the session does not present any anomalies (such as distractions from the screen, suggestions, background noises, etc.), the test is valid and the certificate is issued.